Oven Fried Cornflake Chicken

My daughter was very concerned when I told her what I was making for dinner.  She said that it sounded weird.  There was a wing place I used to love years ago that crusted all of their boneless wings in cornflakes and they were delicious.  I knew I had a hit when my husband commented on the the first bite that is was really good.  He is usually so tired of chicken (it is one of the only things my daughter will eat).  I served this with bacon roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Ingredients:
1 roasting chicken, cut into 10 pieces (breast split)
3 1/2 cups of cornflakes, crushed
2 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of black pepper
3 tsp of melted butter
Creole seasoning
Canola Oil

Preheat the oven to 400.  Create a breading station.  Fill one dish with the crushed cornflakes and in the another dish, whisk together the eggs, milk salt and pepper.  Lightly brush a baking sheet with canola oil. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then roll it in the crushed cornflakes until well coated.  Place on the oiled baking sheet.  Once all of the chicken is coated, drizzle the melted butter over the top of the chicken.  Season the tops of the chicken lightly with creole seasoning and then bake for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, check to see if the chicken is browned and crispy.  If it is, check that the internal temperature has reached 165 and if so, let rest and then serve.  If the internal temperature has not reached the needed level but the chicken is browned, reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 and cook for another 15 minutes.  For my oven 45 minutes was perfect timing.

Comments