Chicken with Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Sauce

I am posting this because my daughter called me in the car and asked me how to make this while I was driving home (late) from work.  I came home to this beautiful, delicious dish, actual picture of the results below.  I realized that if I could tell my daughter how to make it over the phone that I had clearly completed the recipe.  This started with a recipe in a Bon Appetite cookbook I received 15 years ago and morphed into this after many years of improvising.


Ingredients
3-4 thin sliced chicken cutlets
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
5 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of heavy cream
3 cups of fresh baby spinach
1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
Tuscan Seasoning (I use McCormick's)
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.  Season chicken with salt, pepper and Tuscan seasoning.  Add chicken to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.  Remove to a plate.  Add in the sliced garlic cloves and stir for 30 seconds.  Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and stir.  Add the chicken broth and allow to reduce for 3 minutes.  Add in the heavy cream, season lightly with salt and pepper, and reduce until thickened, about 5 minutes.  Add the spinach and stir until wilted.  Stir in parmesan cheese until incorporated and then add the chicken back, coating with sauce.  Serve and enjoy!

Comments